I am entering this card in this week's challenge at Tiddly Inks. I got this stamp, Avenger - Super Stamper as a freebie, but right now she is $1.00 at Tiddly Inks. The challenge is to create an easel card.
I created this card as a thank you for National Scrapbook Day. I used my Minc to make the thank you and colored my image with copics. All the papers are from my stash.
My friend, Sara posted the other day about this super challenge for the month of June. It is from The
Daily Marker and can be found here. So the idea is to spend a couple minutes a day coloring something. I haven't been coloring much, but recently I colored a few cards and remembered how much I loved it. I decided to participate. Here is yesterday's coloring. It's a card for a friend that I needed to mail out. I used a Tiddly Inks Wryn and my copics.
Today's image was a challenge for me. I used a Manga Fairy from Funky Kits. I have had her for a couple of years and this was the first time I ever colored her. I decided to step out of my copic comfort zone and use tombows, distress markers and watercolor pencils.
I have no idea how to color skin with any of these mediums, lol, so it was a figure it out as I go adventure. I ended up mixing a pink tombow pen with a distress ink that I ran across a clear block to get the skin tone. I used a watercolor brush to blend them. The skin color was looks ok. It was the same process with her hair. I was just mixing and blending brown pencils, tombows and distress markers. LOL.
I used my Atyou Spica pens to add some glitter to the fairy and the mushroom. All in all, I like the way it turned out. It was fun trying something a little different for me.
I saw on a couple of my friend's blogs that they did a short post about NSD. I really liked this idea so this is my post to gather my thoughts on NSD.
When my sweetie husband signed me up for the Cricut Circle back when it was first introduced, I was thinking it was waste of money for us. I really liked the first "exclusive" cartridge, but I thought it wouldn't be anything different from the public message board. I was wrong.
My crafting has blossomed with my time at the Circle. I entered contests and won, I learned techniques that I may have never thought of trying, I was enabled beyond belief, and I made some wonderful crafting friends. Don't get me wrong, I still have a couple of great crafty friends that I met on the public boards, but the intimacy at the Circle was easier for me to handle. I tend to get lost in larger crowds. LOL! Over the past couple of years, we have become even smaller as Cricut barely supports the Circle anymore. There are no more special cartridges, no magazine, no contests, but there is always National Scrapbooking Day. Those challenges breathe life back into our small group. Thank you Sara for putting together the weekend for us. This year, I did something special, I entered all the challenges. I almost blogged them all too. LOL! So here is my wrap up from National Scrapbooking Day.
I made 6 layouts, 1 luminary, 1 bookmark, and a banner. These are just one's I blogged about.
Here are my projects that didn't make it to their own posts for one reason or another. 1 box card, an easel card, a shirt, a frame and a few tags.
I am pretty sure this was the most productive I have been all year.
I am finally finished with all the challenges for National Scrapbooking Day over at the Cricut Circle Message Board. This challenge was so much fun. Leave it to my crafty friend Jenny, to come up with this cool challenge. We needed to create something with a food theme.
I used a couple of pictures my niece sent me from last year when Kaylee had her first ice cream cone. I had wanted to scrap these for the longest time. I used my Explore, some fun cuts and a font from Design Space, some embellies from Jillibean and my stash. The ice cream paper is from a Recollections stack I picked up last summer. The mat paper is from October Afternoon, and the rest of the papers are from my stash.
I was planning on also entering this into another challenge where we are supposed to add some sewing to a project, but my attempts at sewing was a total disaster. I went with some faux stitching on tags for that challenge. There are some sewing machine dots on the layout on the scalloped border. I went through 3 machines to get those. LOL! I wanted to use my Janome machine that my Mom got me for paper, but the foot pedal was awol. I dragged out the big Singer, proceeded to have trouble with the bobbin and then broke the needle. Finally I dragged a little battery operated machine that is so old it was made by Provo Craft. Anyone remember those?
Here is my layout:
I adore my great niece, so I have been loving creating layouts for and about her.
I managed to complete another challenge! There are still a few left, but I really want to finish them all to show support to my crafty friends. This was from Joyce, and she was wonderful enough to even supply us with the base of the luminary. All we needed to do was either make a face for it ourselves, or Joyce also supplied one for us that we could use. I used a fun paper that has been in my stash for years. The colorful umbrellas added some whimsy to the luminary.
This was one of the easiest challenges ever! I found a card in design space on Artfully Sent that was originally a get well card. I used the slice feature to cut half the card out so that I only had the girl and some rain drops left.
When I was assembling it, I put the image on upside down, (naturally, LOL) so when I tried to peel it off, it had a small tear in the luminary. I used some ribbon to cover up the tear.
Here is how it turned out. I love these and will be creating more.