Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge


Hi Friends and Fellow Crafters! Here is a blogging first for me, two posts in one day! This is my magazine entry for April. Here are the rules for this month's challenge:

Magazine Letter Envy Challenge!
We want to encourage every Cricut Circle™member to participate. We will be choosing our winner at random, and you can entrees many times as you want. It might get a little crazy, but we think it will be really fun to see how many entries we can get. So run, don’t walk, to your machines and get busy! You can create any kind of project you would like—just make sure to use your exclusive Letter Envy cartridge on it.
Challenge Rules:
Create any sort of project you would like, just make sure to incorporate something from the Letter Envy cartridge and at least two other cuts from any other cartridge. Upload a working link or picture of your project to the blog under the Magazine Challenge tab. Remember, you can enter as many times as you want, and we will use the number assigned to your project to randomly pick a winner. Entry deadline is April 13th. If you use the Cricut Craft Room™ design tool to design your projects, save your file. If you win, we can share the file with the other Cricut Circle™members! The winner of this challenge will receive $150.00 credit to Cricut.com and your project picture will be featured in the magazine. Get busy! The 13th will be here before you know it!

Nothing like waiting until the last minute! I have been so busy with cards that I completely forgot about the magazine challenge! While I was cleaning off my table I decided to make a 12x12 layout. They are very much out of comfort zone, although I started out on my paper crafting journey making a scrapbook.

It's a simple layout using all cuts from Letter Envy with the exception of the arrows which are from Graphically Speaking, I think. They were in my spare cut stash. I used a Studio G dollar stamp set and a white gel pen to add some interest to the arrows. The papers and little chipboard journaling spot are from SEI. The picture is from February when I caught my kitten, Spike, sleeping on my Coach Bag! Insert shocked smiley face here. LOL! I love my little Spikey, but not that much! He was lovingly picked up and moved to a new location after I got this picture.

Everything else is from my stash. Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!
Colleen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colleen! Thanks for you sweet comment!

    Nice layout here.. With so much little detail! I still have not touch the Letter Envy cart and the new cart is going to come soon! Ahh. Must unpack quicker!

    ReplyDelete