Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge May

MAY MONTHLY CHALLENGE: Milestones & Memories Challenge!


The WINNER of this challenge will receive:



The Challenge: Create a layout about a recent milestone in your family. Whether it is graduation, a birthday, moving into a new house, losing a tooth, or whatever it may be. Be sure to include at least 2 Cricut cuts and use 2 Cricut fonts in your page title.

Rules and Guidelines: Circle Blog Challenges are open to Cricut Circle Members only. Your project must be newly created for this challenge and include atleast 2 Cricut Image Cuts. You must submit a project to be entered into the Challenge Prize Drawing.

How to Enter: Submit your entry using the InLinkz tool found at the bottom of this post. Please post your full name along with your entry. Entries are due by 9:00 pm MST on Thursday, May 31st, 2012.

Prize: This month the winner will receive $150.00 in credit to Cricut.com.

Winner: The winner will be selected randomly from qualifying entries using www.random.org and will be announced on the Cricut Circle Blog on Friday, June 1st, 2012.

Hi Friends and Fellow Crafters! I'm back again with a new challenge. This is for the Circle Blog's Monthly Challenge. We were challenged to scrap a milestone in our lives. I decided to go back 20 years and scrapbook some favorite pictures from my son's 1st birthday. How I wish I was into paper crafting back then! Scrapbook pages are really out of my comfort zone. Lucky for me, I have many, many Northridge Publishing Cricut magazines to fall back on. LOL! This is inspired by Lynn Ghahary's Birthday Bash layout in the Cricut Birthday's Book. It's on page 16 of the magazine.

Here are the details:
Cricut Expression 2
Gypsy

Cartridges:
Birthday Bash
Art Philosophy

Papers:
CTMH: Dotty For You
DCWV: Glitter Paper
We R Memory Keepers: Hippity Hoppity

Other Good Stuff
Viva Decor Pearl Pen: Anthracite
Twine
Pop Dots




Birthday Bash has the cutest cuts. I used the Squirrel, Dog and Juggling Beaver for the layout. I used Art Philosophy for the banner and stars. It was a sweet layout that came together nicely.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Happy Crafting!
Colleen

4 comments:

  1. I love the banner going across the middle. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, happy, and creative layout! Love all the detail and the adorable pictures!
    Also, thank you for your comment on my thread over on the Cricut Circle Message Board about lossing followers!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout---I love all the cuts you used and the polka dot paper, it's so festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome LO! The polka dot paper is just too cute! It' really adds a sweetness to the page.
    I'm a new follower to your blog, friend!

    PinkE
    Creations By PinkE

    ReplyDelete