Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cricut Circle NSD Crop: Art Inspiration Challenge


NSD CROP: Art Inspiration Challenge!


ART INSPIRATION PIECE

Hi Friends and Fellow Crafters. I hope everyone is having a super National Scrapbooking Day! It's a busy Saturday here. The contests at the Circle Board, the Kentucky Derby later, it's Cinco De Mayo, and let's not forget about the Rangers in the playoffs, so much fun! The Cricut Circle Blog has been hosting a 2 day online crop event that has been jam packed with challenges, contests, videos and even a chat with the DT. It's keeping me busy and inspired.



I was really excited yesterday to see this wonderful Art Inspiration contest. It gave me a chance to finally use my Lori's Garden Imagine Cartridge. I think since I've owned it, I have only used it once. After I put together my card, I realized I need to pull this cart out more. The soft colors and images are fabulous! The entire card was created using the cartridge, except for the 3 butterflies. They were leftovers from my birdcage project. The ledger paper is from the Tim Holtz Crowded Attic Collection and all the other papers are from the Little Yellow Bicycle Clothesline Collection. All are from my stash. I dressed up the cuts with some Stickles and Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter. The little rhinestones are from Whiff Of Joy.


I just love Hummingbirds, don't you? I added a little rhinestone for his eye. I layered the flower and added some Stickles for shimmer.


The inside is very simple. I used some Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter on the flower and raised it up with a pop dot.


My DH really liked this card and wants it for his Mom's Mother's Day card. I wanted to add some Mother sayings inside or the word Mom on the front, but he wants it just as it is.  Sure, why not? but he had better write something really nice on the inside! :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Happy Crafting!
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Perfect for Mother's Day! I love Lori's Garden ... Beautiful images and beautiful papers ...

    ReplyDelete