Sunday, May 6, 2012

NSD Circle Blog Challenge and Creative Color Challenge


Hi Friends and Fellow Crafters! This was one busy crafting weekend for me! I don't think I have produced so many crafts in this past year as I have these past 2 days! Nothing like the hope of winning a Cricut Cartridge to motivate me! LOL!

If you can bear another card, I have a special one to share tonight. This card will be going to a beautiful boy who is turning 9 this month. He is so special because he will be undergoing full body radiation on his birthday and a fellow Circle member asked if we could send him a card. I wanted to make him a cheerful card and I went with lots of bright colors.


I decided to enter this into 2 challenges. The Circle Recipe Challenge and the Creative Color Challenge at Rockin' Renee's Blog. Here are the color's we had to use.
I used my Imagine to print the colors and my Gypsy to design the card. Most of the cuts are from the Cricut Lite Cartridge Hoot n' Holler. I just had to have this cart when it came out, yet this is the first time I have ever used it! Blogger really needs a laughing hysterically smiley face, it would be inserted right here! Austin's name is from Street Sign and the party hat is from Yummy, I think, It was in my Cricut cut stash box.


Following the recipe challenge, I added faux stitching. The yellow background paper is a pattern paper, there are white stars on it that are hard to see. The other two pattern papers are the hat and the polka dot paper. The bird is the owl. There are 6 Cricut cuts: the owl, the party hat, the balloons, the sentiment and the letters on the inside of the card.


I will be mailing this out 1st thing tomorrow. I am praying for him and his family. As I do that, I also give thanks that I have been so blessed in my life.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

Happy Crafting!
Colleen

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You did an awesome job combining all the elements of the Challenge/s! Great work! Love all the detail on the card!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You did an outstanding job following the recipe! I love it when I can combine challenges. Thank you for participating in this past week's Creative Color Challenge,
    Renee @ icameisawicreated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card - and how thoughtful to make a card for Austin.

    You did a fabulous job combining elements and colors to meet two challenges. Love your birthday owl and his balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love owls and love this! I know I've had problems with sending you e-mails so wanted to double check with you to see if you got the one I sent yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete