Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kitchen Wall Decor

Hi friends and fellow crafters! I have been very busy trying to organize my craft room these past couple of weeks. I have been participating in an organizational thread and week by week we are trying to get our stuff in order! Since my room was such a disaster, I jumped ahead a little from the thread and took one corner at a time to clean up. What a mess. No wonder I was having a hard time creating, I couldn't find one single thing in my mess! LOL!
 Here is a before and after picture just to give you an idea of how bad it was!



Here's my table, before and after. I was super happy to get rid of much of the stuff under the table!



Ok, enough of that! Here is my project that I wanted to share with you today. Cricut is having a contest over the next couple of weeks where they are giving us use of their upcoming cart, Extreme Fonts. If you are interested in joining in, you can find the information here or at the Facebook page. I made three wall hangings for my kitchen using the font. It is a very fine font, so it was a bit of a beast to make sure not to tear the letters coming off the mat. I hear the font does cut very nicely using vinyl.



These were a piece of cake to make. I used Close To My Heart Artiste to design the main shape. I used my E2 to cut the shape. I used the multi-cut function and set it at 2.




I printed the paper from my Imagine using the Kate's Kitchen cartridge. I cut all the letters from the Extreme Fonts cartridge preview in the CCR. I used Suburbia for the cook, coffee pot, tea kettle and cups. I curled the wire, punched a couple of holes and ran the wire through. I decorated  the wire with some ribbon and October Afternoon buttons. To make the steam from the cups, I used a rhinestone flourish from Recollections. I embellished the cook with some pearls from my stash. Here are some close ups.





I didn't use the layers from the Suburbia cuts because I wanted to keep the silhouette effect.
If you would like the CCR file for these it is here although this is just for the cuts. The mat came from my Gypsy.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Happy Crafting!
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. So adorable Colleen! Great job on the clean up as well:)i have been doing the very same thing in my room the last few days and clearing up the space really does clear up the creative mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I just came from the MB -- Sis clued me in that you had done a secret hollow book. I left you a little love there but wanted to swing by here too to see what you have been up to. Holy cow, girl! I need to get my stuff in order, but I just keep making it worse instead!

    Love the art you made with the extreme fonts! Perfect kitchen art!!

    ReplyDelete