Monday, February 11, 2013

Love Me Tender

Hi friends and fellow crafters! Today I posting my final entry into ProvoCraft's Extreme Fonts Contest. They are announcing the winners Feb. 15th on Facebook. This is for the Valentine category using the week three sneak peek font.


It's a larger Valentine, measuring at 7 x 7 inches, but I have so much love for my sweetie that I couldn't contain it into a tiny card. :-)

Truth be told, I never expected it to be that big. It's just that I had already cut and colored the hummingbird and loved how it looked, so I just went with it. LOL!

The Hummingbird is from Art Nouveau and cut at 4 x 4 inches. It's the reason I bought the cartridge. I love hummingbird images and thought this one was lovely. I cut it all in white and then colored it with copics. I saw one colored on fellow Circle Member's blog, Linda from All Scrapped Out and loved her version so much that I really wanted to color one too.


I switched out the round background cut from the cartridge and replaced it with 2 scalloped hearts from the Cricut Craft Room Basics. I sized them at 5.2 x 4.6 for the shadow and 5 x 4.5 inches for the top layer. I used pop dots to adhere the hummingbird to the hearts.

The flower is from Art Philosophy and the leaves are from my stash of Martha Stewart Leaf punch cuts. The hearts are from my stash of left over cuts. They might be from the Craft Room Basics or Artiste.

I used Vintage Photo Tim Holtz Distress Ink to distress the hummingbird and hearts. I left off all the usual sparkly embellishments because it's for my hubby and wanted it to be romantic, but not girly. That was not easy for me to do.

I enjoyed creating this. It was a welcome distraction from the madness that has over taken our lives recently. My Mom broke her hip and had surgery last week, so I have been running back and forth to hospitals and now rehab. Somewhere in between, I made this. It was just what the doctor ordered for me.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Crafting!
Colleen

Designed by: Colleen McCauley
Created with: Cricut Craft Room using Extreme Fonts for the letters, Art Nouveau for the Hummingbird, Cricut Craft Room basics for the hearts, and Art Philosophy for the flower.
Cut With: Cricut Expression 2
Materials used: Copic Markers, BG0000, BG11, G00, R27, R29, E17, E23
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Vintage Photo
Papers: American Crafts White Card Stock, Core'dinations for the base, Pink Paislee for the hearts, & K & Company Paper for the card background.
Martha Stewart Leaf punch. 




2 comments:

  1. Colleen, yes, crafting can be so therapeutic. I am glad to hear your mom is in rehab - getting there slowly but surely.

    The card is so pretty. I love the red just pops out against the brown. You did an awesome job coloring the hummingbird. Honestly, I thought it was from cut from paper in your stash until I read your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. I did not get a chance to play with this contest but love what you created. This hummingbird is just wonderful and I love the colors and patterns you selected.

    ReplyDelete